Want to work for a company where you can have a genuine impact, be passionate about what you do, and work with a great team of people? At FastSpring, we work hard while keeping a fun, collaborative, and casual atmosphere. Headquartered in downtown Santa Barbara, our offices are just a few minutes from great restaurants, shops and the beach. If you're highly driven and want to work at an exciting, fast-growing e-commerce and subscription management SaaS company, consider joining the FastSpring team. We offer a dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, equity, growth opportunities, benefits, and more for the right candidate.
FastSpring is currently seeking a skilled, self-motivated, and energetic Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team in downtown Santa Barbara. The Business Development Representative will work diligently to identify new potential clients for FastSpring, while cultivating a list of high-priority accounts. We’re looking for a dynamic team-player to work closely with potential clients, the FastSpring sales team, and several internal operational groups to accelerate the sales process.
Typical daily responsibilities would include:
- Work directly with sales management to identify potential client markets/logos
- Create interest and buzz for FastSpring offerings amongst a diverse client base
- Regularly contact potential clients to identify, cultivate, and develop opportunities
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments
- Properly convey and orient FastSpring’s value proposition based on client needs
- Generate appointments and coordinate team schedules to ensure continued progress
- Effectively manage a large set of leads and opportunities while working with the outside sales team to determine the right time to transition
- Eloquently discuss business models and intrinsic value for the FastSpring offering
- Provide high-level demonstrations of FastSpring web-based software via IP conference
- Utilize Salesforce.com to log, track and maintain customer contact records
- Identify and remove typical buying objections in prospect discussions
- Attend sales meetings, trainings, and trade shows to keep current with technology
The right candidate must be self-motivated, proficient, and capable of grasping the numerous facets of digital e-commerce technology. The qualified individual would likely have the following:
Skills and Experience
- Confident, clear, and dynamic communicator. Strong written and verbal skills required
- Self-starter capable of staying focused in a challenging, high-pressure sales environment
- Strong selling, influence, and negotiation skills to set up qualified appointments
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently
- Highly motivated to succeed and capable of expending the necessary effort
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com to log, track and maintain customer contact records.
- Common working knowledge of Microsoft office products and online business tools
- Basic working knowledge of web technologies and digital eCommerce
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- Basic knowledge of eCommerce software and/or other web/internet applications
- Must be a self-starter that can focus for extended periods of time on similar tasks, spending hours on the phone, writing and responding to emails, and scouring the web
- Excellent organizational, verbal, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to address executive, middle management, and technical audiences in various roles
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given broad direction
- Ability to adapt to changing goals based on customer demands and market conditions
- Strong problem solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm, focused business demeanor, and taking quick action to resolve issues
About the Company
With thousands of customers worldwide, FastSpring powers the digital economy with a cloud-based e-commerce & subscription management platform that helps software & SaaS companies monetize their products and services online, and on a global scale. FastSpring provides an end-to-end payment processing, merchandising & fulfillment solution for companies that sell desktop software, SaaS, video games, e-books and other digital products.
FastSpring is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with FastSpring without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.